Residents Targeted by NatWest Text Scam
Please be alert to this scam that is targeting Kent residents by text message.
How it works:
- You receive a text from criminals claiming to be from NatWest bank
- You are told there has been a request to update your mobile telephone contact number
- The criminal asks you to click on a link in the text to update your number
What to do:
- Do not click on the link
- Your bank will never send you a message asking you to click on a link
- Forward any suspicious texts referring to NatWest to the number 88355 (Standard network rates apply)
- Find out how to report a scam on Citizens Advice
Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.