How can I report a fault on a Public Right of Way?

Click here to report a fault

Not only is the web-based tool quick and easy to use, you can request email updates so you can be kept informed as to how your issue is being dealt with.

You can also log on to the website at any time to view the current position.

Looking for affordable housing?


Looking for affordable housing?
How to apply for a rented home from Ashford Borough Council or a housing association.
First your need to complete the council’s Choice Based Lettings housing application form. (You must be registered on the Ashford Housing Register to apply for a home from the council or a housing association).
You can pick up a copy in person from the Civic Centre in Tannery Lane, Ashford or at the Ashford or Tenterden Gateways or you can call the Housing Services team and ask for a form to be sent to you. Alternatively you can download a form from the council’s website.
You then need to take your completed form in person along with all the necessary supporting documents to one of the council’s housing drop-in sessions at the Ashford Gateway in Park Mall, Ashford. Details below:
Tuesdays & Fridays 10am – noon
The council and local housing associations use Kent HomeChoice to advertise all available properties to rent from council’s and housing associations across the county and is the place where you will look and bid for homes once you have been accepted on the Housing Register.
For more information and to download an application form visit or call the Housing team on 01233 330688.

Can I book the village hall?


Our beautiful, well appointed and recently refurbished hall is conveniently situated at the junction of Lees Road and Manor Pound Lane.  It is available for booking for private functions, wedding receptions, children’s parties, anniversaries etc, and by new groups, societies and clubs.

It costs £4.00 per hour Monday – Friday, and £6.50 per hour on Saturday and Sunday.

Please email David Smith  for more details or to place a booking.


I am researching my family tree – where can I find the parish records?

Unfortunately it is not possible for all records to be stored in the parish, and they have therefore been archived.

Parish records are now with the Centre for Kentish Studies (the county archive) at Maidstone.   The phone number is 01622 694363, but they are closed on Mondays.

This link takes you to the archives, which may be helpful.

How can I look at Planning Applications?

To view applications submitted to Ashford Borough Council from 1984 on, click here.  You can search by application number address or application date.

Applications sent to Smeeth Parish Council from January 2010 are listed on the Site Page ‘Planning Applications’, and can be viewed from there.